The word “Guest” or “Guests” used in this section means Licensee, Lessee or anyone affiliated with a Lessee, RV guest, visitor, family, friend, or anyone on OBM property that is not directly affiliated with OBM.
OBM prides itself on creating and promoting a safe and fun-filled environment. To promote everyone’s quiet enjoyment of our facilities, our policies and the Rules and Regulations establish a clear set of expectations for behaviour. Such policies and the Rules and Regulations include, but are not limited to:
- Violence, harassment, discriminatory actions, public intoxication, profanity, or abusive language directed at any person will not be tolerated. Any Guest who causes or threatens harm to any person(s) or property will be subject to immediate removal from the company property.
- No Guest shall engage in any improper conduct toward an OBM employee or any other Guest at any OBM property, including but not limited to:
- a. Harassment, bullying or discriminatory behaviours;
- b. Conduct, including physical actions that may be considered threatening, including but not limited to yelling and use of profane language;
- c. Any disorderly, impolite or other inappropriate conduct that has endangered or might endanger safety, has injured or might injure any person, has caused or might cause damage to any OBM property, or has harmed or might harm the reputation of OBM; and
- d. Sexual harassment, which can consist of a wide range of unwanted sexually directed behaviour, and is defined as: unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favours and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when such conduct has the purpose or result of unreasonably interfering with any person’s experience or employee’s work performance, creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
- Smoking/vaping is only permitted on your vessel or in designated areas around the facility.
- Alcohol/substance consumption may be consumed aboard your vessel (if vessel appropriately equipped), within your RV site or at licensed facilities. OBM would remind you that impaired boating is the same as impaired driving and is not tolerated.
- Noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times, and Guests shall not operate or permit to be operated any sound-producing devices between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. in Marinas and 11:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. in the RV Resort. All Guests shall use their discretion at all times when operating engines, generators*, radios, music or other electronic devices so as not to create a nuisance or disturbance. (*Generator operation is permitted between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm at the RV Resort).
All incidents will be promptly responded to by OBM to determine the appropriate action(s) that may be required to address and/or prevent further issues.
This policy applies to every Guest on the property or in OBM facilities. Every Guest is responsible for any person(s) they bring to company property. If any Guest violates this policy, they will be asked to leave OBM company property, and if applicable, the associated Moorage Licence Agreement or RV reservation may be terminated at the sole discretion of OBM. Reprisals, retaliation or intimidation directed towards any person(s) who makes a complaint or reports unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated.